I do have some time allocated to getting my book “Entity Framework Core in Action, 2nd edition” out so I am looking for short contracts.
I work remotely from the UK.
I am a freelance Principal Developer with special focus the Microsoft .NET Core/Azure. In the Microsoft area I know my stuff – I was picked by Manning Publications to write a book called Entity Framework Core in Action and I have just finished the 2nd edition.
I have designed and build many web applications, all with me as the lead developer, and I have performance tuned other applications. A lot of my time is spent programming because I believe a design/architecture is only proved to be good when its been implemented.
I am based in the UK but work remotely throughout the world, mainly with USA companies.
- Worked for a USA company to a) help them convert to EF Core 3.1, b) add new features and c) performance tune some complex stock/quote system.
- Worked for a multinational company on one of there security systems. I designed and build an application using Entity Framework Core to link to different systems at the database-level.
- Worked for a USA multinational on performance tuning on a product that used Entity Framework 6.
- Worked for a USA company that provided services to retail outlets. Designed and built a a new cloud-based application using ASP.NET Core/Entity Framework Core system with multi-tenant and sharded databases.
- I worked for a company’s job site. This was a ground-up rewrite of their existing job board using ASP.NET MVC5 and Entity Framework 6.2. where I was the lead developer. I designed the overall architecture and wrote a lot of the code.
My return to software development was to help my wife who is a lecturer in maths at Southampton University in the UK, she specialises in geographic healthcare modelling. I developed windows and ASP.NET MVC applications for analysing and modelling data, some of them using advanced T-SQL database techniques to solve complex mathematical problems. We undertook a large modelling project around HIV/AIDS project in South Africa.
Please see my GitHub account where there are many open-source libraries and example applications.